Slough facts and figures
Below are some statistics about Slough.
- The best place to work in the UK 2017 and 2018 (Best Places to Work, Glassdoor).
- The most productive place in the UK 2018 (Cities Outlook 2018, Centre for Cities).
- More than £2.5billion of developments.
- The 6th best schools in the country.
- The second highest number of head offices in the UK.
- The most diverse population in the UK.
- It’s estimated that by 2021, Slough’s population will increase by 18,154 people.
- Slough is home to 42 parks and open spaces.
- Slough won town of the year in the 2018 Thames Valley Business Awards.
- Thunderbirds was originally written, produced and filmed at Slough Trading Estate between 1964 and 1966 – it has recently returned.
- The Queensmere Observatory Shopping Centre plans include 1,160sq m of additional retail space and 674 flats.
- Slough house prices saw a 13.8% increase in 2017.
- Salaries in Slough average £29,500 per annum.
- £1billion of projects will transform Slough, including £12.5million Slough Mass Rapid Transport (SMaRT).
- It takes around 20 minutes by train to reach Slough from Paddington.