Connect: Your parenting journey
Six steps to be a grounded and connected parent
This is a programme for parents and carers who have children on the assessment pathway for social, communication and autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
The course will be run by Louise from Parenting Success and supported by Home Start Slough and Anne George, SEND Outreach worker Early Help and Prevention for Slough Borough Council.
Over six sessions you will:
- Connect with self and others
- Connect with Child(ren)
- Rules that glue and connect your family
- Connecting in panic times – routines
- Connect before Correct – positive disciplining
- Connections for next steps – what support is out there and where?
It is an adult only course and Home Start can assist with paying childcare costs if it is needed.
When is it?
The course will run on Wednesdays from 8 January until 12 February, from 9.30 - 11.30am, at Chalvey Grove Children’s Centre, Chalvey Grove, Slough, SL1 2TE.
Book a place
If you are interested in attending, please send Home Start the following details:
- Your name, address and contact telephone number
- Your child(ren)’s name and age
- Are you:
- waiting for assessment
- child recently diagnosed
- How did you hear about the Connect course?
- Referrer details.
Send the details in the post to Home Start Slough, 111 Burnham High Street, SL1 7JZ, return by email to email@example.com or call 01628 661029 and speak to Alison.